Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Thankyou All You Messed Up People...

In the last few days my life has been movie filled, including two movies that really stood out in the tons I watched. Those would be Shawshank Redemption and The House on Sorority Row. I started my Friday night with a wonderfully executed horror film from 1984. May I just say that the 80s, NOT a good time for movies. I mean, I don't think a lot of people slept well in the 80s. That could of been because they were trying to sleep in shoulder pads or because they thought they might die, either or! But The House on Sorority Row is no.14 on the best horror movies of the 80s. And let me add I just saw an extremely creepy picture on that list, the things I do for the bloggers. But The House on Sorority Row is about I think it was five girls who prank their house mother and accidently kill her. Sound familiar? Their remaking the spine tingling thriller which is due October 2nd 2009. If your a movie goer like myself you might have already seen the trailer on the big screen. I'll admit that the newer version looks more intense and scary, but nothing can beat the 80s. I think Terminator is a good example, who would rather see the awesome stop motion terminator instead of the all green screen and effects terminator? But back to The House on Sorority Row, after the prank goes wrong bad things happen to each girl, and they are confronted by a lady in a dark black cloak... And a clown. I honestly believe the clown was just added because well... Clowns are f*cking creepy and they really just wanted to make you scream. I'm not entirely sure about this because the version I watched was only 40 minutes, trimming all the crap and getting straight to the gore. Since I never even saw the house mother, I can't confirm if she was the killer. But if any of you think this sounds like a good movie, well in a way your right. But for the lighthearted, for your health, this is not your movie. They showed a girl get her throat slit, something that a faint person will not take well. All in all, my last thoughts about this movie were "Nicely done and good acting. Main character reminds me of that girl from Twilight who's name I cannot remember right now. Very gory, but all in all an exciting thrill ride." After watching that with my best friend, I watched very much later an episode of Family Guy which intrigued me to watch Shawshank Redemption, based on the book by Stephen King. Shawshank was great. The acting and script were wonderful, and Morgan Freeman couldn't have been better for his part. I was happy to see Stephen King wasn't as demented as I thought... until I went to his website. The next night I was wondrous to see if he had any other heart felt dramas, yet my spine disagreed. Seeing the list of movies, I saw almost every movie title that had always made me wince, every poster I shied away from when I saw it, and don't get me wrong, King is a genius none the less, but he is a reason I didn't get much sleep as a kid. It's not healthy to come up with so many blood curdling movies! Really, I would like to see more Shawshank and less Carrie. But even though I would claw my way out if I was in the same room with him, I have to say that after his movies I'm always in awe because their great. Sure I won't sleep for a week, but I will know that he has some great (yet extremely weird) movie and book ideas. So the moral of this blog, Stephen King is a disturbed genius, the 80s was possessed fashion and movie wise, The House on Sorority Row is not for the faint, and most importantly, watch Shawshank Redemption! Have fun movie going!


-Keep shining, Mrs.Brightside

P.S. It's Kristen Stewart! That's the name of the girl from Twilight that looks like Katie in The House on Sorority Row! Sorry I had a bit of a bran freeze and couldn't remember her name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment